Wednesday, January 08, 2014

CHRISTmas 2013

Christmas was good this year. Quiet.. but good. We spent Christmas Eve with my parents. Just the four of us (plus two furballs)... reliving traditions and trying new things.

It was kind of a tough Christmas without my brother, sister-in-law, sister, and future-brother-in-law. But people were where they needed to be, and I'm so happy with the way my first Christmas as a Mrs. went. 

Christmas Eve began (just like every year) with our church's celebration. It was simple, short, and real. It's nice to be reminded of what Christmas is really, truly, about and to hear the story of Jesus being born.



We kept up with traditions - McDonald's coffee + Greenbriar development's annual candle-lit road:




Once we got home, we all made our own personalized pizzas:





Since some people couldn't be with us, we skyped (tried to take a family phone pic) and drank Jeffrey's beer in honor of him:




To complete the Christmas Eve night, we played the game of 'Life.' Which I also found out that it was the first time either of my parents had ever played the game!




No comments:

Post a Comment