Monday, January 13, 2014

Laziness Can Be Good

I had been in a car every single day since at least December 23rd. Every. Single. Day. And some of those days consisted driving 18 hours from Minnesota to Georgia, then another 9-hour trip from Georgia to Florida, and then adventuring around Florida, and finally a 28-hour trip from Florida back to Minnesota. Needless to say, I needed a day of rest. And yesterday became that day. It was so beautiful outside, our warmest day yet this Winter, and I know we should have spent the morning at church and then the rest of the day enjoying the warmth (yes.. 37 degrees is very warm this time of year). So, I do feel a little ashamed. 


After sleeping in, I made eggless pancakes with strawberries and bacon, and then to the couch we went. And stayed. All day. We took in some major Netflix time and lots of snuggling and napping. As much as I wanted to be active, I know my body and brain needed a day of rest - and no vehicles.

I think we need to listen to our bodies more.. and remember that it is okay to be lazy and allow your body and mind to rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment